Thursday, February 21, 2008

There Will Be Blood, Melville

I dislike initial blog posts because there's this unspoken need to introduce yourself to the people who already know you. I'm not going to do this.

It's sunny today and I ate bacon and I don't want to research bullying or the Canturbury Tales or George Lippard or Measure for Measure, so I made a blog that I'll get bored of in a few weeks and throw away, but whatevz.

I saw There Will be Blood and it's so minty fresh it should come with it's own mini breath strips. It makes me super stoked for the Oscars, and I don't know how my papers are going to get written while I'm busy watching Gone Baby Gone and Michael Clayton this weekend. Go see it! It's not about oil, it's about ying and yang and Daniel Day Lewis is my new it-man.

Also, get your hands on Melville's "Bartleby, the Scrivener". It's a short story that I adore, and the blog title is from it. It'll blow your mind, I'm sure.

No comments: