Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Fantastic Mr. Fox (!!!), Battle In Seattle, No Country for Old Men

So as I'm sure you may have noticed, I'm an enormous fan of Wes Anderson (Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Darjeeling Limited, etc.) so today I decided to Wikipedia-search him. What I discovered was the BEST NEWS I've heard all week. Anderson is directing a new film slated for a November 2009 release: The Fantastic Mr. Fox, which is adapted from the Roald Dahl book of the same name. If this wasn't cool enough, the film is done with STOP MOTION ANIMATION (think 1933's King Kong) which is awesome because nobody ever ventures there anymore. What makes it EVEN BETTER is that George Clooney, Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, Anjelica Huston, and Jason Schwartzman are the stars. How fantastic is that?!?!?

Answer: Super-ridiculous-fantastic.


I'm sure nobody besides me is very interested in this, but I thought I'd share because it looks GREAT.


Another film I'm looking forward to is Battle in Seattle, because my friend German Dan was an extra and may have a few speaking lines (unless the scenes were cut - fingers crossed!). The film is about the famous Seattle riots in 1999 but was filmed here in Vancouver. It has a lot of big names, notably Charlize Theron, Woody Harrelson and Andre 3000. Dan had a great time on the set and has a lot of photos with famous people so I'm pretty excited to see it! Release details are pretty nebulous because I found three different dates from three reliable sources, but Yahoo Movies says it's scheduled for a limted release on April 11, 2008, so let's hope that's right.


ALSO, No Country for Old Men hit store shelves this week, so I would suggest at LEAST renting it because it's so amazing and wonderful and I can't tell you enough how much I love Javier Bardem. One word of warning: don't sit down to watch it expecting a lot of shooting and action etc. because it's not like that, it's so much more.


In case you actually are excited about Mr. Fox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Mr._Fox_%28film%29

No comments: