Monday, June 23, 2008

Kimbob (!!!)

I was reading the Georgia Straight once last year and I came across an article about this mint little Korean place down on Seymour. They sell kimbob, which is a seriously awesome name (and reminds me of Hanson's "Mmmbop" song) and a seriously awesome food. My life became so much more epic after I found that article. Kimbob is the Korean version of sushi, but it's made with sesame oil in the rice so there's more flavour... you don't really eat it with soy sauce. It's also packed full with way more delicious goodness than regular sushi, beacuse they put in ham and egg and stuff like that. But the best part of kimbob is when you order it, you also get soup and salad - and the total for everything is $4.99. That's pretty insane. I almost didn't believe it, but then I ate it and it was mind blowing.


So if you need food one day when you're downtown, go visit Kimbob E Ramyun (423 Seymour St.).



No comments: