Thursday, May 22, 2008

Adulthood is poo

I don't have anything witty to say, I don't have anything to recommend, I haven't come up with any life-illuminating ideas to share, and I don't like to talk about very personal things online.

So much for posting, I guess.

What I really want to do though is up and move to Victoria. I want to pull an Emily Carr and I want to pull a Tyler Durden all in one. Pretty much what I mean is I want to move away for a month or two with no television, car, phone, internet, etc. I want to live in a studio apartment and make just enough money for food, rent, and art supplies. I want to work minimally somewhere interesting and spend the rest of my time writing and painting. I don't want to be distracted by others or by things; I want to sleep simply and eat simply and be simple.

I think this is a pretty good thing to do once I finish my B.A. You know, spend years working for a grade point average, and then reject everything. After that I want to work at camp because camp was pretty badass this weekend. Then I want to dilly dally, THEN I want to go back to PDP.

So much for being normal and getting on the whole carreer thing. But then, normal doesn't exist, so... whatevz.



ps. buy Death Cab's Narrow Stairs, just trust me on this one.

No comments: