Sunday, May 25, 2008

Che (or, Guerilla and Argentine)

I thought of something else to say. I logged onto msn.ca after I posted this morning, and saw an article about a new film called Che - yes, it's about Che Guevara - by Stephen Soderbergh. It's four and a half hours long, and the review for the preliminary screening is interesting: check it out here. I'm really interested in seeing it (not because of the length, I'll probably have a panic attack from sitting) because I love Benicio Del Toro and this is supposed to be one of his best films.

I don't particularly like Che, and I definatly don't like communism, but Cuba is pretty awesome and this looks like a good film even if it's not completely accurate. I guess my upcoming challenge is to find someone who will sit through a film that's longer with Gone with the Wind...

Part 1 on Wikipedia
Part 2 on Wikipedia

No comments: