Friday, May 30, 2008

Mark Jenkins

I have a friend, we'll call him Graffiti Boy, because he does street art and I do street art so we talk about street art a lot. He showed me this super awesome artist online the other day, but he's super awesome because his art isn't spray or stencilling or wheatpasting or anything like that. Instead, he makes people out of clear packing tape! They're life sized and he dresses them up sometimes and they look like real people on the street, except that sometimes they look like dead bodies on the road or crying children against a wall. He even did a fire hydrant in the woods, which I thought was ridiculously cool. Anyways, he has a website that you should DEFINATLY check out! My favorite section is the 'Storker Project' because people all over the world make tape babies and stick them to public places. Even if you aren't into street art and think it's destructive, blah blah blah.... check him out anyways. He's hilarous. I couldn't focus on my work yesterday because I kept browsing his site.

Happy Friday!

Mark Jenkins website

No comments: